2021-2022 Delaware Nation Princess Application
Applicant Eligibility Criteria
All candidates that apply for Princess must be an enrolled member of the Delaware Nation and:
- Be female, 14-18 years of age, never have been married and never have been pregnant.
- Reside in the State of Oklahoma
- Have knowledge of Delaware culture, history, and traditional customs or be willing to learn.
- Have no juvenile or adult criminal history and/or record
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from any of the following: Local Chapter Officials, Clergy, Academic Counselors, Community Leaders, etc. Note: no letters will be accepted written by personal family members or friends.
- Submit a self-portrait along with a maximum one (1) page essay about yourself and why you would like to Delaware Nation Princess.
- Be able to participate in radio and media interviews scheduled by Delaware Nation
- In the event a candidate is registered for and called for active duty with any military service, a secondary will step in to assume the position of Princess.
Mandatory Schedule (If Permitted due to Covid-19 Precautions)
Delaware Nation Princess will be required but not limited to the following dances:
- Delaware Nation General Council – Anadarko, OK
- Delaware Nation Bigfoot Festival – Anadarko, OK
- Delaware Nation Christmas Dinner – Anadarko, OK
- Murrow’s Annual Dance – Binger, OK
- Clara Brown Dance – Binger, OK
- Red Earth Festival – Oklahoma City, OK
- Fourth of July Festival Tia Piah – Carnegie, OK
- American Indian Exposition – Anadarko, OK
- Wichita Annual Dance – Anadarko, OK
- Comanche Nation Fair – Lawton, OK
Applications will be accepted in person, mail or by E-mail at the following address:
Delaware Nation Cultural Preservation Building
C/o Princess Program
103 W. Broadway
Anadarko, OK 73005