AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT (ARPA) RESPONSE TO ALLEVIATE THE EFFECTS OF THE PANDEMIC FOR:
- PURPOSE: This program will provide ARPA funds for Tribal citizens, 18 years old and older, for a one-time purchase up to $1,000.00. Appliances that can be purchased are a new hot water heater, dishwasher, washer, dryer or washer/dryer combo (including delivery, and installation costs) for necessary sanitation. These funds will be available nation-wide to all eligible applicants as long as funds are available.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications can be obtained on the Delaware Nation website and may be submitted by email, fax or mailed to the Delaware Nation EPA office. Any inconsistent or missing data may delay processing, and further action taken to process will require additional time before processing and payment is complete.
Reimbursement: A Tribal Citizen may be reimbursed up to $1,000.00 for this purchase if made during March 3, 2021 to June 6, 2021. A copy of the original invoice and/or receipt will need to be submitted with this application.
New Purchase: After June 6, 2021, applicants will need to submit an invoice/quote showing the type of appliance to be purchased, total cost of purchase, and vendor to be paid. If the purchase price is more than $1,000.00, the tribal citizen will be responsible to pay the difference. If the remaining balance is not paid to the vendor within 30 days, Delaware Nation will request a refund and no payment to the vendor will be made toward the appliance.
- Application dates: June 7, 2021 to August 30, 2024 (while funding is available). Processing will begin once a completed application is received and verified. No rush payments will be made. Please know that a regular processing time will take up to 14 business days.
- AMOUNT Of ASSISTANCE: up to $1,000.00 (while funding is available)
The required Invoice/Quote can be submitted electronically or by mail. Delaware Nation will accept a picture of the invoice taken on smartphones and emailed from the applicant as well. Delaware Nation will process the payment directly to the vendor chosen unless it is a reimbursement as stated above. The tribal citizen will be emailed or called to be notified of payment processed. The Tribal citizen will be responsible to set up delivery and installation of purchased appliance.
Address: Attn: EPA, Delaware Nation, P.O Box 825, Anadarko, OK 73005
- Must be an enrolled Delaware Nation tribal citizen 18 years or older.
- Must be the named renter on lease, homeowner, or provide a notarized affidavit that the address given is the primary residence of the Tribal Citizen. Please send documentation in with application.
- Email, Mail or Fax a copy of the invoice showing the type of appliance being purchased, cost of appliance, and vendor to be paid.
Elder Telehealth Assistance
- PURPOSE: This program will provide technology assistance funds for Tribal elders to participate in telehealth for needed medical visits. Due to their vulnerability to the coronavirus and comorbidities that have been diagnosed by a physician, this assistance will provide elders a convenient way to meet with their physicians and limit potentially exposure to ill patients in an office setting. These funds will be available nation-wide to all eligible applicants as long as funds are available.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications can be obtained on the Delaware Nation website and may be submitted by email, fax or mailed to the Delaware Nation IT office. Any inconsistent or missing data may delay processing, and further action taken to process will require additional time before your request can be completed.
- Application dates: June 7, 2021 to August 30, 2024 (while funding is available). Processing will begin once a completed application is received and verified. Processing and shipping times may vary due to the availability of products and address of applicant. Elders will be notified of any delays by phone or email.
- TYPE OF ASSISTANCE: This one-time assistance will provide an Apple iPad and compatible keyboard through our sole source vendor. If the eligible applicant lives in Oklahoma the vendor will ship the iPad directly to the Tribal citizen. If the eligible applicant lives outside the state of Oklahoma, the Delaware Nation will be responsible to ship the iPad to the Tribal Citizen. A confirmation email will be sent to notify of date of shipment.
. It is important that the address below provides a good shipping address for the applicant.
Address: Attn: IT, Delaware Nation, P.O Box 825, Anadarko, OK 73005
- Must be an enrolled Delaware Nation elder (60 years or older) at the time application is submitted.
- Must have access to internet service.
Tires and/or Vehicle Repair Assistance
- PURPOSE: This program will aid COVID-19 impacted citizens who need new tires or costly repairs to vehicles in order to obtain and/or sustain employment, attend medical appointments, attend educational courses and/or provide transportation for daily living tasks. This program provides a one-time assistance up to $800 for one vehicle per one tribal citizen (age 18+).
- APPLICATION PROCESS: This one-time application for eligible Tribal citizens will provide assistance for vehicle repair/tires for one vehicle only. The vehicle cannot be applied for by any other tribal citizen.
- The tribal citizen applying must be listed on the vehicle title.
- If the vehicle is tagged by an agency other than Delaware Nation, a copy of the title with the tribal citizen’s name is required.
- If an applicant has previously utilized tire/vehicle repair assistance from CARES funding, they will not be able to utilize this program for the same type of assistance for the same vehicle. For example, if tires were purchased for the same vehicle, you will not be eligible for tires with this assistance. You may however, use this assistance for other vehicle repairs needed for that vehicle.
- It is the citizen’s responsibility to submit a complete application with all required documents listed below. Any application submitted with missing information or supportive documents will be placed on pending status for 14 days.
- If missing information or supportive documents are not received within 14 days of the submission date, the application will be voided.
- A new application will need to be submitted.
- Once an application is complete and processed, the tribal citizen will receive an email confirming a request for payment has been submitted to our finance department. Please be sure to include a valid email address on the application if you wish to receive this notification.
- After verification of information is complete, processing time will be 14 business days to issue a check. All checks will be issued to the chosen vendor indicated on the supportive documents (invoice/quote) and mailed directly to the tribal citizen. This enables the tribal citizen to have the check in hand when services are completed. Once a check has been issued to the vendor indicated, the vendor request cannot be changed no exceptions.
- If you are requesting a reimbursement for repair work done or tires previously purchased, the purchase must be made after March 3, 2021 in accordance with the American Rescue Plan Act guidelines.
- Application Start date and deadlines: June 7, 2021-August 30, 2024 (until funding is exhausted). Application must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. central standard time.
- APPLICATION SUBMISSION: Applications can be obtained on the Delaware Nation website or by calling 405-247-2448. Applications can be submitted by email, fax, or mail. All email submissions should be submitted to ArpaVehicle@delawarenation-nsn.gov. Please submit to this email only. Applications submitted to other Delaware Nation emails run the risk of not being processed. If you wish to fax your application, please fax to (405)247-5942. If you wish to mail your application, please mail to:
PO Box 825
Anadarko, OK 73005
- AMOUNT OF ASSISTANCE: Up to $800, while funding is available
*Payment will be made to the vendor (unless it is a reimbursement), but mailed to the tribal citizen. For all vehicle repairs, repairs must be completed by a certified and licensed auto shop. An invoice with an estimate of repairs must be submitted with the application. For tire purchase, purchase is for new tires only and must be made at a licensed retailer. An invoice from the vendor must be submitted with the application. Any portion of the cost exceeding the allotted $800 is the responsibility of the tribal citizen. If you choose to split the cost between tires and vehicle repair, both invoices/quotes must be submitted at the same time with the application. Once a check is issued, you will have exhausted your funding amount.
Payment will be by check only! Please ensure your chosen vendor will accept check payment from Delaware Nation before submitting the application.
Receipts will be required for purchases. Please submit electronically or by mail. Receipts must equal the total amount of the assistance provided. Delaware Nation will accept pictures of receipts taken on smartphones and emailed from the applicant.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Citizenship: Applicant must be an enrolled Delaware Nation citizen
- Residency: Nation-wide
- Age: 18 years of age and older
- Vehicle must be in the tribal citizen’s name
- Completed application
- Copy of the vehicle title if tagged by an agency other than Delaware Nation
Mortgage, Rent, and Utilities Assistance
ARPA MORTGAGE, RENTAL, AND UTILITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM GUIDELINES
Please read this page in its entirety.
The purpose of the Delaware Nation ARPA Mortgage, Rental and Utility Assistance Program is to provide emergency subsidy assistance with mortgage, rent and/or utilities (i.e. electric, gas, propane, water, cell phones, and internet) in order to help families avoid homelessness, eviction and/or disconnection of utilities during the COVID 19 pandemic. Eligible applicants will receive assistance for July, August, and September 2021. Families that have experienced layoffs or have been furloughed will have priority. This program will operate as a “first come, first served” program as long as funding is available. APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED IN THE HOUSING OFFICE OR POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN JULY 7TH, 2021 BY 5PM CENTRAL TIME. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THIS DEADLINE WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
a. Be an enrolled citizen of the Delaware
b. Reside within the United
c. Must meet the 100% United States National Median Income Limit Guidelines (see chart below).
|2020 United States Median Family Income Limits at 100% Published July 30, 2020|
|$ 54,950||$ 62,800||$ 70,650||$ 78,500||$ 84,780||$ 91,060||$ 97,340||$ 103,620|
d. Must have had an interruption of income such as reduced employment hours or wages, layoffs, have been. furloughed that resulted in a loss of wages, or significant financial hardship due to the COVID-19
e. Applicants applying for assistance with mortgage payments, rent payments and/or utilities must reside within the unit at the time of application
f. Payments will not be made for services where an applicant has already been evicted from the unit or unit has been foreclosed
g. Delaware Nation Citizens applying for assistance must be listed on the mortgage, rental lease and/or utility bills OR provide a notarized affidavit for proof of primary residence.
h. Assistance for eligible applicants shall only be paid for the amount noted on the current billing statement. Bills and statements submitted with application must be dated within 30 days of the date of
i. Applicant’s cannot apply for services that have been assisted with other federal and/or state assisted programs. Services will not be
j. Applicants must submit a completed application with all required supporting documents before the application can be processed to make a determination of eligibility. Failure to submit required documentation will delay processing. Incomplete applications will not be
k. Additional documentation may be requested for verification purposes (i.e. rental ledger, custodial papers, etc. Failure to submit requested documentation will delay
l. NO RUSH PAYMENTS WILL BE MADE. Normal processing time for payments after a COMPLETED application is received is 14 business days.
m. Approved applications will receive assistance for July, August and September 2021 up to the amount of $1,500 per month. However, it is up to the applicant to submit new billing statements for each month. Payments will not be processed without a new monthly statement and applicants may miss that month of assistance if statements are not received.
n. Applications may be mailed or faxed to the address or number listed in the header. They may also be emailed to email@example.com.
Payments will be made to vendors only. Payments will not be made to applicants nor will any reimbursements be paid to applicants.
General Welfare Assistance
This program provides General Welfare Assistance through the 2021 ARPA funding in the form of Wal-Mart gift cards to purchase groceries, medical supplies/equipment and cleaning supplies until budgeted funding is expended.
Assistance shall be $200 for a household of one, $400 for a household of two, and $600 for a
household of three and $800 for a household of four or more. Three (3) months of assistance
(July, August, September) will be provided to all eligible applicants (only 1 application is required).
Process time will be determined by number of gift cards available and verification of application. Failure to provide a completed application by the deadline date or required documentation will cause a delay in processing. Applications must be emailed to ARPAGiftCards@delawarenation-nsn.gov by June 28, 2021 no later than 5 P.M. central time to be eligible. Or it can be mailed to Cultural Preservation, P.O Box 825, Anadarko, Ok 73005 with a postmark of June 28, 2021 to be eligible.