Two (2) Year Part Time Grant Funded Position – $39,500 a year
The Delaware Tribe of Indians is seeking a qualified, self-sufficient, and thorough researcher for immediate hire. Individual must be fully qualified as an expert of traditional knowledge or heritage protection, and research. Using extensive research methodologies, the selected individual will prepare an ethnographic overview and assessment on indigenous interests, both past and present, in the Delaware Water Gap national Recreational Area. Researcher will work closely with federally recognized indigenous nations.
Researcher Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work following project brief and deliver frequent project updates
- Formulate effective and efficient research processes
- Create a plan of action, set project goals, and manage to completion
- Conduct detailed research: including land transfers, land use, oral histories, literature reviews, etc.
- Perform fieldwork, interviews, etc. to gather data
- Utilize various professional sources to find and extract pertinent information
- Organize and maintain research databases
- Compile and organize findings in graphs, charts, and diagrams
- Document, report, and present research findings
- Collaborate with (3) US and (2) Canadian Federally recognized Lenape Nations
Researcher Requirements and Qualifications
- Considered an expert in traditional knowledge (leadership supported) and/or master’s degree in
research, planning, anthropology, or related field required
- Extensive and proven experience in field of research
- Knowledgeable in various research and testing methodologies
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Perform objective and ethical research at all times
- Effective communicator, both orally and written
Travel will be necessary. Passport required. Extended stays in the Delaware Water Gap Area will be necessary. Visits to Oklahoma, NY, Wisconsin, and Canada will be necessary. Travel funds are budgeted.
INDIAN PREFERENCE POLICY: In accordance with the Indian Preference Act of 1934, (Title 25, USC, Section 47), Indian Preference will be observed in hiring.
PLEASE SUBMIT CV, COVER LETTER, and WRITING SAMPLE to:
Susan Bachor, M.A.
Deputy THPO & Archaeologist
Delaware Tribe Historic Preservation