Medtronic American Indian Employee Resource Group (AIERG) is again offering $5,500 college scholarships to the top three qualified candidates in the 2021-2022 school year. Tribal citizens are encouraged to apply!
They are now accepting applications here: http://medtronic.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_73WzOj0LAoTm3bw
To be eligible for this scholarship program, students must meet the following criteria:
Health and Sciences, Biomedical Engineering
- Applicant must be a first or second-generation college/university student.
- Applicant must be a US citizen.
- Applicant must be accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at an accredited four-year college/university, and be pursuing a bachelors, masters, or doctoral degree.
Grade Point Average:
Applicant must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative grade point average (GPA).
Applicant must be an enrolled citizen, or a descendant of an enrolled citizen, of a federal or state-recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native Village; or Native Hawaiian or descendant from a Native Hawaiian; or Pacific Islander or descendant from Pacific Islander. Enrollment documents and/or a copy of birth certificate showing descendancy from an enrolled citizen, Indigenous group of Canada, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander are acceptable. Applicant may also, instead, provide a copy of their Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood or Certificate of Degree of Alaska Native Blood (CDIB) card.
They request that the applicant provide the following as part of their application:
- Two letters of recommendation
- A 500-word essay regarding the first tenant of the Medtronic mission statement: To contribute to human welfare by application of biomedical engineering in the research, design, manufacture, and sale of instruments or appliances that alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life.
Applications must be submitted by December 31st, 2021. The top three candidates will be notified by January 31st, 2022.
Candidates can submit their applications here: http://medtronic.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_73WzOj0LAoTm3bw
Only complete applications with be considered.