The General Revenue and Taxation Act of 1996, Section 1-101. Tax Commission Created. There is hereby created, ordained, and chartered with respect to the Delaware Nation, a public body politic to be known as the “DELAWARE NATION TAX COMMISSION” which shall be and agency of the Delaware Nation, subordinate to the Executive Committee, possessing all powers, duties, rights and functions hereinafter defined, and as are now or as may hereafter be conferred upon it by law.
The purpose of this Act is to:
- Strengthen Tribal Government by Licensing and regulating certain conduct within the Tribal Jurisdiction.
- Levy and collection of certain revenue and taxes.
- Provide financing for the current expenses of the Tribal Government
- Provide financing for the expansion of Tribal Government operations and services, in order for the Delaware Nation to efficiently and effectively exercise its confirmed governmental responsibilities within Tribal Jurisdiction.
Delaware Nation Tag Office
Delaware Nation Tax Commission Department of Motor Vehicle
Motor Vehicle Licensing Information
Tag Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm
Delaware Nation Tax Commission/Tag Office will be closed on most legal holidays and on the 2nd Monday of October for Delaware Nation Day.
- Applicant must be a member of the Delaware Nation.
- Applicant must reside within the State of Oklahoma unless in military or a student
Items Required To Register Vehicles:
MSO OR Title :
- MSO (Manufactures Statement of Origin) must be signed by dealership. Must be notarized unless vehicle was purchased from a non-notary state
- Title must be signed by seller. Must be notarized unless vehicle was purchased from a non-notary state
Bill Of Sale:
- A bill of sale is required with a new vehicle; that has a MSO (Manufactures Statement of Origin)
- An Affidavit of Vehicle Purchase Price may be complete on all others.
- Oklahoma insurance verification required with ALL transfers
- An Oklahoma driver’s license is necessary to register a vehicle through Delaware Nation.
ITEMS REQUIRED TO REGISTER VEHICLES: The following Misc. fees are set prices. Regular Vehicle Tags are subject to change; for more information please contact the Delaware Nation Tag Office:
MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATIONS AS OF JAN 1, 2016
- 1% Excise Tax on Factory Delivered Price of all brand new vehicles
|But Less Than||$2,499.99||$4,999.99||$7,499.99||$9,999.99||$12,499.99||$14,999.99||or More|
Renewal Rate when MSRP is over $15,000
- 2nd – 4th Yr. Flat Renewal Rate of — $87.00
- 5th – 7th Yr. Flat Renewal Rate of — $77.00
- 8th Yr. and over (Current Motor Vehicle Registration Rates in effect)
- Duplicate Reg. $10.00
- Personalized Tag $22.00
- Duplicate Title $10.00
- Transfer Personal Tag $10.00
- Lost/Stolen Tag $10.00
- Farm Tag $27.00
- Lost/Stolen Decal $5.00
- Motorcycle Tag $27.00
- Active Military 1/2 REGISTRATION
- Mobile Homes 1/2 REGISTRATION
- Travel Trailers 1/2 REGISTRATION
- Transfer Title $10.00
- Veteran Tag 1/2 REGISTRATION
- Lien Entry $10.00 Handicap Tag 1/2 REGISTRATION
- Commercial Tag 1/2 REGISTRATION
- Notary Fee $0.00 (Tribal member)
- Returned Check Fee $35.00 Mail Fee for New Tag $5.95
As of JANUARY 1, 2016, the penalty for late fees after the 30 day grace period will be $1.00 per day.
31064 US Highway 281
Anadarko, OK 73005
P.O. Box 825
Anadarko, OK 73005
PHONE: (405) 247-2448
FAX: (405) 247-9393