Delaware Nation Public Relations facilitates all communication between the Nation and area news sources, tribal citizens, and any interested parties. The department’s responsibilities include:
- Developing PR strategies and campaigns
- Preparing press releases and promotional material
- Assisting Directors in building positive relationships with stakeholders, media, and the public
As the Delaware Nation PR Officer, I will strive to maintain effective communication with the great citizens of Delaware Nation, using the best tools made available. It’s my duty to report the facts and to provide more ways to receive them.
Tribal Public Relations Officer Appointed Job Duties
Under the direction of the Tribal Administrator, the Public Relations Officer independently performs management-type duties associated with specific projects as assigned by the Tribal Administrator. The Public Relations Officer must be able to use all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of the Delaware Nation ranging from public bodies or services to businesses and voluntary organizations, establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between the organization and its public, both in print and online.
Ever since the Summer of 2019, your current Public Relations Officer has:
- Obtained extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications, photography, & camera operations
- Devised & coordinated photo opportunities based on leads provided and found via available media outlets
- Managed the Nation’s website & social media presence in a positive manner
- Has prepared posts, texts, handouts, flyers, promotional videos, and used smart techniques for better exposure
- Has managed & operated with the department budget, as well as, found ways to save money using coordinated efforts with the tools at our disposal
- Fostered community relations through special events and initiatives
Utilizing Social Media To Reach Citizens
Social media is a computer-based technology that facilitates the sharing of ideas, thoughts, and information through the building of virtual networks and communities. Facebook and Instagram are two very popular platforms so we utilize these tools effectively to reach a larger audience. As of 4/3/2023, Delaware Nation’s Facebook Page has 4.3K followers!
Maintaining Websites & Tools
Delaware Nation Public Relations maintains three websites:
Each website requires constant maintenance, security, and current informational updates to maintain a smooth and functioning experience for online users. As of April 2019, Delaware Nation’s website is fully operated by the public relations department, saving thousands on contract services to build and maintain the Nation’s website and posts. Also, having full control over the website allows for significantly faster news posts and information. This also saves the Tribe thousands of dollars in contracted web services to allow those funds to be used to benefit tribal citizens.
Fillable PDFs and interactive forms are available to eliminate the physical complications of printing and submitting important applications to Delaware Nation tribal offices. Change of Address and Per Capita fillable applications have been created to provide an online tool to quickly update current information with our enrollment department that works on ANY device. Did you recently move? If so, simply go to delawarenation-nsn.gov and click “Change Address”, located in the header of the website. It only takes a minute to submit and you’re done! These same tools were used with the 2022 COVID-19 Economic Impact Survey. The websites will continue to grow and adapt to the latest technology trends.
Mass Text Service
Delaware Nation Public Relations maintains contact with employees and tribal citizens with an SMS text messaging service called Textedly. This application sends mobile phone users important information regarding closures and current events quickly and efficiently. To opt-in, text the keyword LENAPE to phone number 77222. It’s that simple to stay informed and connected! Delaware Nation sends an average of 4 messages per month and you can opt-out by simply replying STOP. Message and data rates may apply. This service is also utilized with “Our Children’s Garden” Me-Mun-See Hah-Kee Hah-Kun early childhood learning center.
Delaware Nation Media is the official YouTube channel of Delaware Nation Public Relations. Here, you will find videos that preserve the Lenape Culture through film so that future generations can learn and carry on traditions. Visit our channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfx6-FCSXkBsXQyh1h_iqEA and be sure to like our videos and subscribe! Also, be sure to turn on the “bell” icon to receive channel notifications when new content is uploaded. Delaware Nation Media will also be utilized with the Early Childhood Learning Center to foster communication with parents.
Delaware Nation Public Relations uses Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 tools to create and communicate visual campaigns of photos and advertisements to represent the Nation in the most professional ways possible.
For submissions or any other public relations call 405-247-2448 ext 1112 or email email@example.com.
Planning a film or photography project with Delaware Nation? Please review our photography/film policy here and download the application here.
Film/Photography Permit Application Process:
• Applications for Film or Photography must be submitted to the Executive Committee at least 10 business days prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting.
• The Executive Committee at their regularly scheduled meeting will review the film or photography application, make a decision on the application and impose conditions on the permit as deemed
• If approved, the President or their designee, will sign and monitor the conditions of the film or photography permit as approved by the Executive Committee.
A complete Film/Photography Permit Application includes:
• The signed Permit Application filled out with detailed information about the production
The following documents must be submitted with the Film/Photography Permit Application to be considered complete and begin the review and approval process:
• Proof of General Liability Insurance
• Map/Site Layout
• If filming on private property, a location agreement is required for each private location
• Letter from the school is required if the production is a student film
• If using a drone, required waiver/authorization from FAA and Anadarko Municipal Airport-F68
• Non-refundable Fee
Public Relations Officer
Phone: (405) 247-2448 Ex. 1112
Mobile Work Phone: (405) 933-3285
How is Delaware Nation Public Relations Doing?
31064 US Highway 281
Anadarko, OK 73005
P.O. Box 825
Anadarko, OK 73005
PHONE: (405) 247-2448
FAX: (405) 247-9393