COVID-19 RESPONSE TO ALLEVIATE THE EFFECTS OF THE PANDEMIC FOR SCHOOL AGE STUDENTS (PRE-K-12th GRADES)
- PURPOSE: This program will provide educational assistance funds for COVID-19 impacted families and students. All resources are to be used to provide technology, school supplies and clothing resources for Delaware Nation students nation-wide. Please review the eligibility requirements listed below BEFORE proceeding to the next step.
- APPLICATION PROCESS: This Educational Assistance Program for COVID-19 impacted families and students nation-wide is to provide technology resources, school supplies and needed clothing for Delaware Nation students attending educational classes from Pre-K through 12th Grades between the dates of July 1, 2020 and December 30, 2020. Each child may only be reported by one applicant and must be the custodial parent or guardian of the child. Checks will be disbursed in the child’s name. Any inconsistent or missing data may delay processing, and further action taken to process will necessitate additional time before processing and payment is complete.
- Application dates: July 22, 2020 through August 31, 2020
Applications may be submitted from July 22 until August 31. An application must be submitted for each school-age child in your household. Processing will be completed after all information is verified on the application.
- AMOUNT OF ASSISTANCE (total assistance $700.00):
Technology/School Supply Assistance: $500.00
Clothing Assistance: $200.00
Receipts will be required for purchases. Please submit electronically or by mail. Receipts must equal the total amount of the assistance provided; $500 for technology/school supplies and $200 for clothing.
Address: Attn: Social Services, Delaware Nation, P.O Box 825, Anadarko, OK 73005
Delaware Nation will accept pictures of receipts taken on smartphones and emailed from the applicant.
Until copies of receipts are received, applicant will not be eligible to apply for any other Tribal Education program in the future. Due to COVID-19 guidelines, there will be no duplication of services allowed through December 31, 2020.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a Delaware Nation citizen
- Residency: NO residency requirement, Nation-wide
- Age: Children between ages of four (4) and eighteen (18) years of age and attending Pre-K through 12th grade
- Household Information
Provide the name and supplemental information for the parent or guardian of Delaware Nation children in the household if the child is 18, they may apply with their name.